- 1 How do I pass the firefighter written test?
- 2 How do you get a job at the fire department?
- 3 How do you pass the firefighter physical exam?
- 4 What does the firefighter exam consist of?
- 5 Is the firefighter written exam hard?
- 6 Is the FCTC test hard?
- 7 Do firefighters get to sleep?
- 8 What is the age cut off to be a firefighter?
- 9 How competitive is becoming a firefighter?
- 10 How many times can you fail the CPAT?
- 11 Is the Cpat hard to pass?
- 12 What happens if you fail firefighter exam?
- 13 What kind of math is on firefighter exam?
- 14 What should I wear to a firefighter written exam?
- 15 Do you have to be good at math to be a firefighter?
How do I pass the firefighter written test?
13 Tips & Techniques for the Written Firefighter Exam
- Read each question thoroughly, including all the answer choices, before marking one.
- First time through, answer only those questions you know for sure.
- When you do know the answer to a question, mark the answer sheet right then.
How do you get a job at the fire department?
Becoming a firefighter: 10 must-do things
- Become an EMT.
- Volunteer your time.
- Take fire technology classes.
- Maintain a clean background and lifestyle.
- Understand all of the phases of the firefighter hiring process.
- Start taking firefighter tests.
- Stop by fire stations.
- Get some life experience.
How do you pass the firefighter physical exam?
8 Tips for the Firefighter Physical Test: Passing the CPAT
- Follow a targeted physical training program.
- Wear a weighted vest while practicing.
- Train for the specific CPAT events.
- Watch the CPAT training video.
- Try out the CPAT events by doing an orientation session.
- Know the required CPAT dress code.
- Eat clean and adequately before the test.
- Make sleep a priority.
What does the firefighter exam consist of?
The written test is made up of two parts. You must pass part one before part two is scored. Part one tests mathematics and reading comprehension, part two tests characteristics of your personality, related to your job to determine indications of success as a firefighter.
Is the firefighter written exam hard?
I have found the written test to be the easiest part of the firefighter application process as long as you are well prepared for it. Preparation for this test is the only part of the process that you can influence yourself. Make sure you take time to study hard for these tests.
Is the FCTC test hard?
The test is not easy and in order to show your skills, you will have to pass it and even score high on the exam. No worries, with FCTC practice tests and FCTC study guides, you will be ready for test day and start your first step on your firefighting career.
Do firefighters get to sleep?
Firefighters often spend 24 hours at a time at the firehouse followed by 48 hours off duty. During this time they eat, sleep, shower, work and relax at the firehouse. A: Although there is downtime in the fire serivce, firefighters on duty must be ready to respond to an emergency at any time during their shift.
What is the age cut off to be a firefighter?
The age limit to become a firefighter is usually between 18 and 35. However, many departments have no upper age limit to apply. Read on to learn more about the age restrictions on becoming a firefighter.
How competitive is becoming a firefighter?
Becoming a firefighter is no easy task. It requires hard work, long hours of training, dedication and a sincere desire to help others. The firefighting career field is very competitive, too. You’ll be up against hundreds, possibly thousands of applicants depending on the department.
How many times can you fail the CPAT?
Candidates will have unlimited chances to pass the CPAT. It is up to the department how long they will accept CPAT results, but National Testing Network will keep them available to departments for one year from test date. Each attempt at the CPAT will require the same payment as the initial testing process.
Is the Cpat hard to pass?
It is one of the firefighter physical requirements to get hired. The CPAT is a pass /fail test that requires the candidate to complete it in 10:20 or less. Also, if the candidate fails to complete any event throughout the test his/she will fail the entire test.
What happens if you fail firefighter exam?
If you fail the FCA, you will not be able to move forward in the selection process. You may submit a request for e-mail notification when the Firefighter position with the City of LA is offered again.
What kind of math is on firefighter exam?
The test measures reading comprehension and mathematics such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, ratios, square roots, and the use and conversion of decimals, fractions, and percentages. CAN YOU STUDY FOR IT? The test is not intended to be one you have to study for.
What should I wear to a firefighter written exam?
Same as for the police written exams because you may end up in an integrity interview following the test. High shine shoes, Grey or cream color slacks, white shirt, blue blazer or a sport coat of some type, and very importantly a red and blue stripped tie.
Do you have to be good at math to be a firefighter?
Firefighters use mathematics to perform hydraulic calculations. Therefore, a strong foundation in mathematics is necessary for the job. Advanced math such as algebra and geometry have proven to be helpful.