- 1 How do you write a FOIL request?
- 2 How can I get fire records?
- 3 How do I get a NYC Fire Report?
- 4 What is a FOIL request used for?
- 5 What is a legal foil?
- 6 What is a Cal Fire green sheet?
- 7 What is the National Fire Incident Reporting System Nfirs and how does it work?
- 8 How do I report a fire in California?
- 9 What is top pay for FDNY?
- 10 Does FDNY work 24 hour shifts?
- 11 What is the largest fire department in the world?
- 12 How long do you have to respond to a foil?
- 13 What does a foil mean?
- 14 How do I request a foil in NY?
How do you write a FOIL request?
When submitting a FOIL request:
- Be as specific as possible in describing the requested records.
- Specify whether you would like to inspect the records or have copies of the records sent to you.
- If records are available, specify how you want them sent, i.e., via US mail, e-mail or fax.
How can I get fire records?
Visit the CAL FIRE Pubic Records Center at GovQA to access historical Public Record Act requests or submit a new request. Requesting Inspection or Copies of Public Records. Requests should be sufficiently specific and focused to enable identification, location, and retrieval of the public records sought.
How do I get a NYC Fire Report?
Fire or Ambulance Report
- Online. Visit the Fire Department’s records page.
- By Mail. FDNY Public Records Unit. 9 MetroTech Center, 1st Floor. Brooklyn, NY 11201-3857.
- In Person. 9 MetroTech Center, 1st Floor; use the Flatbush Avenue entrance. Monday to Friday, 9 AM to 4 PM, except holidays.
- By Phone.
What is a FOIL request used for?
A FOIL request refers to a formal submission requesting information from New York state on the basis of New York’s Freedom of Information Law ( FOIL ). Such requests are closely analogous to FOIA requests to the United States government based on its Freedom of Information Act.
What is a legal foil?
The Freedom of Information Law (“ FOIL ”), Article 6 (Sections 84-90) of the NYS Public Officers Law, provides the public right to access to records maintained by government agencies with certain exceptions.
What is a Cal Fire green sheet?
The California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection ( CAL FIRE ) has released what they call a “ Green Sheet ” report about the fatality and injuries that were caused by falling tree debris resulting from an air tanker’s retardant drop.
What is the National Fire Incident Reporting System Nfirs and how does it work?
The National Fire Incident Reporting System ( NFIRS ) is a voluntary reporting standard that fire departments use to uniformly report on the full range of their activities, from fire to emergency medical services to severe weather and natural disasters.
How do I report a fire in California?
To report a fire hazard, call Central Fire District’s Community Risk Reduction Division at (831) 685-6698 or submit a report through our online Fire Hazard Report Form for investigation and follow up.
What is top pay for FDNY?
Starting salary for a Firefighter is $45,196. But with overtime and holiday pay, which is often required, you can get additional compensation. After five years, a Firefighter can make more than $100,000, including overtime and holiday pay.
Does FDNY work 24 hour shifts?
So, how many hours do firefighters actually work? Almost all fire departments operate a 24 – hour rotation. This means firefighters are almost always working 24 hours at a time.
What is the largest fire department in the world?
The Fire Department is the largest urban fire department in the world. Tokyo Fire Department.
|Location||Ōtemachi, Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan|
|Fire Chief||Toshio Andō|
How long do you have to respond to a foil?
The agency has 5 days to acknowledge your FOIL request. At that point, the agency is required either to grant or deny your request or to give you a specific date in the future when they will decide whether to grantor deny it.
What does a foil mean?
1: very thin sheet metal aluminum foil. 2: a thin piece of material (such as metal) put under an inferior or paste stone to add color or brilliance. 3: someone or something that serves as a contrast to another acted as a foil for a comedian.
How do I request a foil in NY?
How to Request Office of the State Comptroller (OSC) Records Under FOIL
- Email: FOIL @osc. ny.gov.
- Mail: Records Access Office.
- Fax: 518-473-8940.
- In Person: Written requests may be submitted in person at OSC’s main office at 110 State Street in Albany, New York, between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on weekdays.