- 1 What do firefighters use to get people out of cars?
- 2 What equipment do the fire service use?
- 3 What resources are required for extrication?
- 4 How do firefighters open elevators?
- 5 How do firefighters open car doors?
- 6 How do you extricate a car?
- 7 What are the 4 types of fire?
- 8 Do fire engines carry water?
- 9 What are the three techniques used to fight fires?
- 10 What is the final phase of extrication?
- 11 What is extrication mean?
- 12 What do you do in an emergency elevator?
- 13 Can elevator doors be forced open?
What do firefighters use to get people out of cars?
They are extrication spreaders, extrication shears, combination extrication spreader/shears and extrication extension rams. Pneumatic rescue tools – Rescue tools that are powered by pressurized air.
What equipment do the fire service use?
Firefighting Equipment is the main firefighter equipment used to extinguish fires, including fire fighting hose, portable fire pumps, fire hose reels, fire monitors and fire fighting nozzles.
What resources are required for extrication?
Resources can be anything from additional medical help, heavy-lifting equipment or additional rescue equipment. The team approach as we know it currently reads as follows:
- Safety and Scene Assessment.
- Stability and Initial Access.
- Glass Management.
- Space Creation.
- Full Access.
- Immobilisation and Extrication.
How do firefighters open elevators?
They can pull the person through an escape hatch in the ceiling or open the doors to the building so the person can get out, if the elevator is positioned right. If the elevator is hydraulic, firefighters can slowly lower the car into a position that makes it easier for people to walk out.
How do firefighters open car doors?
Another common method uses the spreader to pinch or crush the door down, distorting the door and allowing access. The door wedges that many firefighters carry in their bunker gear pockets work great to hold the inside door handle in the open position while the door is popped.
How do you extricate a car?
- Step 1: Access the rear door latch. Gain access to the rear door latch by spreading the rear door window.
- Step 2: Pop the rear door latch. Place your spreaders into the gap that you have created near the latch.
- Step 3: Make a relief cut.
- Step 4: Begin to spread.
- Step 5: Cut the B post.
What are the 4 types of fire?
Classes of fire
- Class A – fires involving solid materials such as wood, paper or textiles.
- Class B – fires involving flammable liquids such as petrol, diesel or oils.
- Class C – fires involving gases.
- Class D – fires involving metals.
- Class E – fires involving live electrical apparatus. (
Do fire engines carry water?
Fire engines, or pumpers, carry hose, tools, and pump water. The engine can also carry ladders, but they are set up by the fire fighters and can be carried around. Key components of a fire engine include: Water tank (usually 500-750 gallons)
What are the three techniques used to fight fires?
Fire Fighting Techniques
- Indirect attack. Aimed at the ceiling, the water drops down and extinguishes the fire from above.
- Direct attack. Perhaps the most widely known technique – this suffocates the flames as the water is aimed at the base of the fire.
- Combination attack.
- The ‘two lines in’ method.
What is the final phase of extrication?
The final phase of the extrication process consists of removing and transporting the victim to the hospital. During this phase, the victim is stabilized, packaged, removed from the vehicle, and transported to a medical facility.
What is extrication mean?
transitive verb. 1: to free or remove from an entanglement or difficulty. 2a: to distinguish from a related thing.
What do you do in an emergency elevator?
Do These 7 Things When Stuck in an Elevator
- Stay calm. Try to keep a clear head so you don’t jeopardize your safety.
- Find a light source.
- Press the “door open” button.
- Press the call button.
- Press the alarm button.
- Yell for help.
- Wait it out.
Can elevator doors be forced open?
However, holding and forcing the door to remain open, can be unsafe/dangerous to people and can cause damage to the elevators. Please do not hold, force open or obstruct the elevator doors.