- 1 How do I become a firefighter in Ohio?
- 2 How do I become a volunteer firefighter in Ohio?
- 3 Who is the Ohio State Fire Marshal?
- 4 How do I become a firefighter in Akron Ohio?
- 5 What is the age limit to become a firefighter in Ohio?
- 6 How much money do firefighters make in Ohio?
- 7 Do volunteer firefighters get paid in Ohio?
- 8 How long is the Fire Academy in Ohio?
- 9 How much does a firefighter paramedic make in Ohio?
- 10 How many fire departments are in Ohio?
- 11 How do I start a career as a firefighter?
- 12 Which Ohio agency requires annual fire safety training of healthcare staff?
How do I become a firefighter in Ohio?
- High school diploma or GED.
- 18 years or older.
- Mandatory attendance for duration of the academy.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license with full driving privileges.
- In good health as documented by physical exam signed by licensed physician and copy of medical insurance coverage.
- Successfully pass background check.
How do I become a volunteer firefighter in Ohio?
To be eligible for a Volunteer Firefighter certification, an individual shall complete a State of Ohio Certified Volunteer Firefighter Course; a 36-hour introductory, awareness-level course, provided by an Ohio chartered fire training program.
Who is the Ohio State Fire Marshal?
Kevin S. Reardon was appointed Ohio’s 39th State Fire Marshal on June 11, 2020. Prior to becoming State Fire Marshal, Reardon spent nearly six years as director of the Central Ohio Technical College Institute for Public Service & Safety.
How do I become a firefighter in Akron Ohio?
To enroll in a firefighter course a student must:
- enroll in the College.
- be age 17 AND in the last year of high school, OR 18 and out of high school.
- complete a BCI background check.
- complete required health physical.
- Meet admission requirements as set forth in OAC 4765.
What is the age limit to become a firefighter in Ohio?
Age: Must be at least 17 years old to apply and not reach age 41 by date of appointment.
How much money do firefighters make in Ohio?
The average salary for a firefighter in Ohio is around $45,910 per year.
Do volunteer firefighters get paid in Ohio?
Common questions about salaries for a Volunteer Firefighter They often do not receive monetary compensation from the fire department. If they are paid, it is typically in the form of small stipends or annual bonuses.
How long is the Fire Academy in Ohio?
About Ohio Fire Academy Time to complete this education training ranges from 1 hour to 2.3 months depending on the qualification, with a median time to complete of 6 weeks. The cost to attend Ohio Fire Academy ranges from $2,500 to $5,000 depending on the qualification, with a median cost of $3,500.
How much does a firefighter paramedic make in Ohio?
Fire Department Paramedic Salary in Ohio
|Annual Salary||Hourly Wage|
How many fire departments are in Ohio?
There are 12 registered fire departments in U.S. territories. Total number of registered fire departments by state and territories.
How do I start a career as a firefighter?
Becoming a firefighter: 10 must-do things
- Become an EMT.
- Volunteer your time.
- Take fire technology classes.
- Maintain a clean background and lifestyle.
- Understand all of the phases of the firefighter hiring process.
- Start taking firefighter tests.
- Stop by fire stations.
- Get some life experience.
Which Ohio agency requires annual fire safety training of healthcare staff?
Ohio Dept. of Commerce State Fire Marshal Healthcare Training.