- 1 How many fire stations are there in Wiltshire?
- 2 How many fire engines are in Dorset?
- 3 How do I join the Wiltshire police?
- 4 How do I contact Wiltshire Police?
- 5 Where in England is Devizes?
- 6 What area does Wiltshire police cover?
- 7 Is Dorset expensive to live?
- 8 What is the biggest town in Dorset?
- 9 Where are the sandbanks in England?
How many fire stations are there in Wiltshire?
The area covered by Wiltshire Council contains 21 fire stations, most of them on-call.
How many fire engines are in Dorset?
Over 70 fire engines and a large number of specialist support vehicles, equipped to deal with a wide range of emergencies – including fires, road traffic collisions, flooding and water rescue, animal rescue, rescue from height, and helping colleagues in the police and ambulance service.
How do I join the Wiltshire police?
Three entry routes
- A 3-year Police Constable Degree Apprenticeship (PCDA) leading to a BSc (Hons) in Professional Policing Practice.
- A 2-year postgraduate Degree Holder Entry Programme (DHEP) leading to a Graduate Diploma in Professional Policing Practice.
- A Pre- join undergraduate Professional Policing Degree.
How do I contact Wiltshire Police?
- Emergency 999. Call 999 if:
- Non-emergency 101. Call 101 for non-emergency enquiries.
- Anti-terrorist hotline 0800 789 321.
- Calling from abroad +44 1380 826 614.
- By phone 0800 555 111.
- @ wiltshirepolice.
Where in England is Devizes?
Devizes, town (parish), administrative and historical county of Wiltshire, southwestern England. It lies along the disused Kennet and Avon Canal, at the edge of Roundway Down. The Caen Hill Locks on the Kennet and Avon Canal, Devizes, Wiltshire, Eng.
What area does Wiltshire police cover?
Wiltshire Police provides policing services to the county of Wiltshire. The police force area covers 1,346 square miles in the south west of England. There are areas of deprivation and areas of affluence in Wiltshire.
Is Dorset expensive to live?
Dorset CC has some very attractive features like its high employment rates and incomes, however these come with expensive housing prices and a high cost of living.
What is the biggest town in Dorset?
Bournemouth is the largest town in Dorset, and perhaps the most popular, known for its enormous white-sand beach.
Where are the sandbanks in England?
Sandbanks is a small peninsula or spit (1 km2 or 0.39 sq mi) crossing the mouth of Poole Harbour on the English Channel coast at Poole in Dorset, England. It is known for its high property prices and for its award-winning beach. In 2005, Sandbanks was reported to have the fourth highest land value by area in the world.