- 1 What are the 4 goals of fire protection?
- 2 What is the purpose of fire investigation?
- 3 What is the philosophy of fire prevention?
- 4 Which of the following is the primary goal of the fire department?
- 5 What are the methods of fire prevention?
- 6 What are the three major goals of fire prevention?
- 7 What are the 4 key elements of fire investigation?
- 8 What do fire investigators look for?
- 9 Who investigates a fire?
- 10 What are the three techniques used to fight fires?
- 11 What is the role of the fire department?
- 12 What are the four categories of fire departments?
What are the 4 goals of fire protection?
Four goals: (a) prevent fire from starting, (b) prevent loss of life in case fire does start, (c) confine fire to its origin, and (d) extinguish fire.
What is the purpose of fire investigation?
The purpose of a fire investigation is to determine how the fire started and why the fire behaved the way it did. Data collected through fire investigations is a key element in addressing a community’s fire problem.
What is the philosophy of fire prevention?
The goal of fire prevention is to educate the public to take precautions to prevent potentially harmful fires, and be educated about surviving them. It is a proactive method of reducing emergencies and the damage caused by them.
Which of the following is the primary goal of the fire department?
In terms of fire safety, the primary goal is FIRE PREVENTION. Personal awareness, prevention of fires and correct action in fire emergencies are all of crucial importance.
What are the methods of fire prevention?
Ways to prevent fire incidents:
- Avoid unattended or careless use of candles. No open flames are allowed inside any Tufts University building.
- Keep BBQ grills at least 10 feet from the house.
- Do not disable smoke or CO detectors.
- Do not smoke indoors.
- Do not leave your cooking unattended.
What are the three major goals of fire prevention?
The goals of fire prevention programs are to prevent loss of life, property damage, and downtime in use of a building. Fires often cause disruption of business activities, loss of business documents, loss of employee work hours, and liability claims resulting from the spread of fire to adjacent properties.
What are the 4 key elements of fire investigation?
With few exceptions, the proper methodology for a fire or explosion investigation is to first determine and establish the origin(s), then investigate the cause: circumstances, conditions, or agencies that brought the ignition source, fuel, and oxidant together.
What do fire investigators look for?
They search for clues to the origin and cause of the fire. Investigators are able to determine the original location of a fire through clues such as char patterns, “direction of melt,” and heat shadows. These burn patterns often point to the source of the fire in tell-tale patterns.
Who investigates a fire?
The Fire Investigation Unit is located at the Office of the Fire Marshal (OFM) at 620 South “E” Street, San Bernardino, CA, 92415-0179. The Unit may be reached at 909.386. 8400.
What are the three techniques used to fight fires?
Fire Fighting Techniques
- Indirect attack. Aimed at the ceiling, the water drops down and extinguishes the fire from above.
- Direct attack. Perhaps the most widely known technique – this suffocates the flames as the water is aimed at the base of the fire.
- Combination attack.
- The ‘two lines in’ method.
What is the role of the fire department?
Firefighters respond to fires, accidents and other incidents where there are risks to life and property. Full-time firefighters help protect the public in emergency situations. They respond to a wide variety of calls: as well as fires, they assist at car crashes, chemical spills, flooding and water rescue.
What are the four categories of fire departments?
What are the four categories of fire department? Volunteer. Paid-on-call. Career.