- 1 What communication category is defined as?
- 2 Which type of communications center equipment would be used for communications at an emergency scene?
- 3 Which of the following is the most accurate rule to control communications?
- 4 Which is a radio communications best practice?
- 5 What are the 10 types of communication?
- 6 What are the 3 main types of communication?
- 7 What information should be included in the arrival report?
- 8 What task may a telecommunications center be assigned during a progress report?
- 9 What are the three Ifsta principles of risk management?
- 10 When receiving a call from someone who is angry or upset?
- 11 When accepting a walk in report it is important for the firefighter to?
- 12 What information should be gathered by a dispatcher?
- 13 What is a basic principle of effective radio communication?
- 14 How can I talk through radio?
What communication category is defined as?
Keying the radio microphone. Which communication category is defined as a messages transmit within the fire department. Internal communication.
Which type of communications center equipment would be used for communications at an emergency scene?
Radio systems: The most efficient communicating system used to direct emergency scene operations is the two-way radio.
Which of the following is the most accurate rule to control communications?
32 Cards in this Set
|Which of the following is a telecommunications system?||A. Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP)|
|Which of the following is the MOST accurate rule to control communications?||D. Receiver must acknowledge every message by repeating essence of the message to sender.|
Which is a radio communications best practice?
Best practices for radio talk use the Five C’s of radio communication, aka “traffic handling”: Clear, Concise, Correct, Confident, and Complete. Recognizing that what can go wrong will go wrong, make sure what you are saying cannot be misinterpreted. Use short simple sentences. Your voice should be clear.
What are the 10 types of communication?
Here are 10 forms of communication that are the closest to being universal forms of communication between humans.
- Facial Expressions. You think you know what angry, sad, and happy look like on someone’s face?
- The Big Five Languages.
- Programming Languages.
What are the 3 main types of communication?
The three primary means of communication are verbal, nonverbal, and visual. Verbal communication depends on words to deliver meaning. It is further subdivided into written communication and oral communication.
What information should be included in the arrival report?
The guest details should include pertinent information such as the guest’s name and contact details, reservation date, arrival /departure date and time.
What task may a telecommunications center be assigned during a progress report?
The telecommunications center may also be assigned the task to providing periodic time transmissions at designated intervals. How often should this progress report be transmitted?
What are the three Ifsta principles of risk management?
You areby, 1) Aware of causes of injury/death 2) Know safety standards 3) Minimize risk
- Aware of causes of injury/death.
- Know safety standards.
- Minimize risk. Term.
When receiving a call from someone who is angry or upset?
- It’s nothing personal. The first thing you need to do is remember that the caller is not angry at you.
- Stay calm. If you get worked up too then that will only escalate the situation.
- Let them vent. Sometimes an angry caller just needs to get it all out as they air their grievances.
- Be sympathetic.
- Follow up.
When accepting a walk in report it is important for the firefighter to?
Terms in this set (32) when accepting a walk-in report, it is important for the firefighter to: obtain the same information a dispatcher would request. Primary purpose of a public fire service communication system is: receive reports of emergencies and dispatch emergency units.
What information should be gathered by a dispatcher?
Why do dispatchers ask so many questions? Dispatchers ask for pertinent information first – address, type of call, name of caller or those involved, and your call back number. Once the initial information is obtained, additional questions may be asked depending on the type of call.
What is a basic principle of effective radio communication?
Basic Radio Etiquette Rules Do not interrupt if you hear other people talking. respond. Never transmit sensitive, confidential, financial, or military information. Perform radio checks to ensure your radio is in good working condition.
How can I talk through radio?
Follow these easy steps to make a call.
- First listen to ensure the channel is clear for you. Press the PTT (Push-To- Talk ) button.
- After 2 seconds: Say “recipient’s call sign” twice.
- followed by “THIS IS” and “your call sign”. Once the person replies, convey your message.