- 1 How do I pass the firefighter written test?
- 2 What does the firefighter written exam consist of?
- 3 How do I become a Detroit firefighter?
- 4 How do you score high on the firefighter test?
- 5 Is the firefighter written exam hard?
- 6 Is the FCTC test hard?
- 7 What kind of math is on firefighter exam?
- 8 What happens if you fail firefighter exam?
- 9 Is there a height and weight requirement for firefighters?
- 10 How long is the Detroit Fire Academy?
- 11 How do I start a career as a firefighter?
- 12 Do firefighters get paid well?
- 13 Do you have to be good at math to be a firefighter?
- 14 What is a good FCTC score?
- 15 What should I wear to firefighter written exam?
How do I pass the firefighter written test?
13 Tips & Techniques for the Written Firefighter Exam
- Read each question thoroughly, including all the answer choices, before marking one.
- First time through, answer only those questions you know for sure.
- When you do know the answer to a question, mark the answer sheet right then.
What does the firefighter written exam consist of?
The written test is made up of two parts. You must pass part one before part two is scored. Part one tests mathematics and reading comprehension, part two tests characteristics of your personality, related to your job to determine indications of success as a firefighter.
How do I become a Detroit firefighter?
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, a United States citizen, possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license, and possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. (at time of appointment). The Detroit Civil Service Commission will notify applicants of the time and place to report for your examinations.
How do you score high on the firefighter test?
5 Ways to Improve Your Firefighter Written Exam Score Right Now.
- Consider anything below 90% a failure.
- Learn how to take a multiple choice test.
- Take a practice test to see where you’re at.
- Take information gained from the practice test and begin work on the sections that give you the most trouble.
- Take preparation for test day as seriously as the test itself.
Is the firefighter written exam hard?
I have found the written test to be the easiest part of the firefighter application process as long as you are well prepared for it. Preparation for this test is the only part of the process that you can influence yourself. Make sure you take time to study hard for these tests.
Is the FCTC test hard?
The test is not easy and in order to show your skills, you will have to pass it and even score high on the exam. No worries, with FCTC practice tests and FCTC study guides, you will be ready for test day and start your first step on your firefighting career.
What kind of math is on firefighter exam?
The test measures reading comprehension and mathematics such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, ratios, square roots, and the use and conversion of decimals, fractions, and percentages. CAN YOU STUDY FOR IT? The test is not intended to be one you have to study for.
What happens if you fail firefighter exam?
If you fail the FCA, you will not be able to move forward in the selection process. You may submit a request for e-mail notification when the Firefighter position with the City of LA is offered again.
Is there a height and weight requirement for firefighters?
That doesn’t mean they don’t exist, but for the most part, there are no height requirements for firefighters. Before getting hired, firefighters will have to go through a battery of tests, one of those being the physical ability test.
How long is the Detroit Fire Academy?
Fire Recruits will then have to complete a five-week long paid fire academy training. Following this, candidates will have to complete a 1-year probation period.
How do I start a career as a firefighter?
Becoming a firefighter: 10 must-do things
- Become an EMT.
- Volunteer your time.
- Take fire technology classes.
- Maintain a clean background and lifestyle.
- Understand all of the phases of the firefighter hiring process.
- Start taking firefighter tests.
- Stop by fire stations.
- Get some life experience.
Do firefighters get paid well?
The average salary for a firefighter in California is around $74,700 per year.
Do you have to be good at math to be a firefighter?
Firefighters use mathematics to perform hydraulic calculations. Therefore, a strong foundation in mathematics is necessary for the job. Advanced math such as algebra and geometry have proven to be helpful.
What is a good FCTC score?
What is considered a passing test score? 70% or higher is considered a passing score.
What should I wear to firefighter written exam?
Same as for the police written exams because you may end up in an integrity interview following the test. High shine shoes, Grey or cream color slacks, white shirt, blue blazer or a sport coat of some type, and very importantly a red and blue stripped tie.