- 1 How can I help my local fire department?
- 2 Where can I donate books in Montgomery County MD?
- 3 Where can I donate office supplies near me?
- 4 How do I become a firefighter in Montgomery County?
- 5 Can you give food to firefighters?
- 6 Do firefighters pay for their own food?
- 7 How can I get money for used books?
- 8 Do libraries take puzzles?
- 9 Can you bring books to recycling?
- 10 Does goodwill take 3 ring binders?
- 11 Where can I donate a pool table near me?
- 12 Does Staples donate to nonprofit?
How can I help my local fire department?
Ways to Support Your Local Fire Department
- Donate: The fire department is always in need of training material, supplies, and equipment.
- Educate: The next best thing you can do is educate yourself and your family about fire prevention.
Where can I donate books in Montgomery County MD?
The Montgomery County Public Libraries, the Friends of the Library bookstores, and Little Free Library also accept books for donation.
Where can I donate office supplies near me?
9 organizations that accept donated office supplies and equipment.
- Local retail stores.
- Local donation and recycling sites.
- Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA)
- Operation Give.
- Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA)
How do I become a firefighter in Montgomery County?
Requirements to apply with MCFRS:
- 17 1/2 years old to apply (no age maximum)
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Have a valid drivers license.
- No experience required.
Can you give food to firefighters?
If you bring food it should be through someone reputable. Like a spouse or close family/friend of a firefighter. You can also order from a local place and have it delivered. But you CAN STILL bring them food.
Do firefighters pay for their own food?
You don’t. The firefighters pay for their own meals. However, their scheduling is such that they must do some of the purchasing during their shift, which lasts 24 hours. So when you see your firefighters in the store with a cart full of goodies, rest assured it is their own money that is paying for the purchase.
How can I get money for used books?
Where To Sell Used Books: 6 Of The Best Places Online (And In Person)
- BookScouter. I like to start with BookScouter.com.
- Half Price Books.
- 4. Powell’s Books.
- Online Buy Back Programs.
- Your local indie.
Do libraries take puzzles?
Yes, you can borrow toys of all kinds from some libraries — from building sets to board games to puzzles to kids’ musical instruments.
Can you bring books to recycling?
Books should be placed in the household recycling bin. Large volumes can be taken to most local civic amenity sites.
Does goodwill take 3 ring binders?
The family binder is the answer! Get any 3 – ring binder you like (you can probably find several choices at a Goodwill ® store), and get some extra-wide divider tabs that are available at office supply stores.
Where can I donate a pool table near me?
The billiards pool table can be donated to organizations near you, like:
- The United Way.
- Boys and Girls Club.
- Group Homes.
- Centers for Troubled Teens.
- Community Centers.
Does Staples donate to nonprofit?
Staples ® stores support non-profit organizations through We Care gift cards and in-kind product donations. These donations allow organizations to get the supplies they need from Staples to help make a community event or program a success.