- 1 How can I help my local fire department?
- 2 Is the fire in Ventura contained?
- 3 Why are Ventura County Fire trucks yellow?
- 4 How do I become a firefighter in Ventura County?
- 5 Can you give food to firefighters?
- 6 Do firefighters pay for their own food?
- 7 Is Thousand Oaks a fire?
- 8 Where is the smoke coming from in Simi Valley?
- 9 Is there a fire near Ojai California?
- 10 How many fire stations are in Simi Valley?
- 11 What is a medic engine?
- 12 Is there a fire near Oxnard?
- 13 How do I become a firefighter in Oxnard CA?
How can I help my local fire department?
Ways to Support Your Local Fire Department
- Donate: The fire department is always in need of training material, supplies, and equipment.
- Educate: The next best thing you can do is educate yourself and your family about fire prevention.
Is the fire in Ventura contained?
The Ventura County Fire Department tweeted at 6:41 a.m. that the fire was being held at 28 acres and was contained at 50%.
Why are Ventura County Fire trucks yellow?
We paint our apparatus “Sunshine Yellow ” for safety.
How do I become a firefighter in Ventura County?
An applicant must first attend and pass a demanding 16-week fire academy, undergo one year of probation as an at-will employee, and on-the-job training continues throughout his entire career.
Can you give food to firefighters?
If you bring food it should be through someone reputable. Like a spouse or close family/friend of a firefighter. You can also order from a local place and have it delivered. But you CAN STILL bring them food.
Do firefighters pay for their own food?
You don’t. The firefighters pay for their own meals. However, their scheduling is such that they must do some of the purchasing during their shift, which lasts 24 hours. So when you see your firefighters in the store with a cart full of goodies, rest assured it is their own money that is paying for the purchase.
Is Thousand Oaks a fire?
The Country Fire, which burned parts of Thousand Oaks and Westlake Village, is 90% contained, the Ventura County Fire Department said. Two firefighters were hurt while battling the blaze and their injuries were believed to be minor, fire authorities said.
Where is the smoke coming from in Simi Valley?
The presence of the smoke is from the “Highway Fire” in Riverside County, VCFD has confirmed. The Highway Fire has burned 980 acres and is 25 percent contained, Cal Fire officials said. If you see smoke in Simi Valley and can identify the area that it is coming from call 9-1-1 immediately.
Is there a fire near Ojai California?
The Thomas fire burns in the Los Padres National Forest, near Ojai. As the Thomas fire continues to rage, burning more than 200,000 acres, wind speeds are expected to be on the lower end of what’s been seen over the last week, forecasters say.
How many fire stations are in Simi Valley?
In addition to 40 storage facilities, such as water tanks, the District has 2,700 fire hydrants, 18 pump stations, and 357 miles of water pipes in its system.
What is a medic engine?
The second type of engine is the Medic Engine. The only real difference between the medic engine and the standard engine is that the medic engines are capable of advanced life support (ALS) with a firefighter also being a fully trained Advanced Life Support (ALS) paramedic.
Is there a fire near Oxnard?
There is a large fire burning in the river bottom between Oxnard & Ventura. We have resources from VCFD, VFD & OFD actively fighting the fire. No structures currently threatened. Please avoid the area as the fire is not contained.
How do I become a firefighter in Oxnard CA?
License & Certificates Required to Qualify:
- California Class C driver’s license at the time of employment.
- Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) (CPAT cannot be more than one year old at the time of application)
- Current California EMT (not an EMT course completion record) OR National Registry EMT (NREMT) card.