- 1 What is the primary goal of the fire department?
- 2 What is the role of a fire department?
- 3 Why are fire departments important?
- 4 What is basic fire fighting?
- 5 What are the three techniques used to fight fires?
- 6 Where does fire department work?
- 7 How does the fire department help the community?
- 8 What does a firefighter do on a daily basis?
- 9 What type of leadership does the fire department use?
- 10 How do fire station help us?
- 11 What would happen without firefighters?
- 12 Why firefighter is a hero?
- 13 What are the 4 types of fire?
- 14 What are the 4 steps in using a fire extinguisher?
- 15 What is basic fire safety?
What is the primary goal of the fire department?
The primary goal of the Fire Department is to provide fire protection and rescue services through a range of programs designed to protect the lives and property of the inhabitants from the adverse effects of fire, sudden medical emergencies, or exposure to dangerous conditions created by man or nature; second to those
What is the role of a fire department?
In addition to these emergency services, virtually all fire departments are involved in fire prevention activities. These activities include inspection and code enforcement, plan review for construction projects, fire and arson investigation, and public fire safety education. The most basic piece is a fire engine.
Why are fire departments important?
Firefighters also provide an important role in educating the public regarding fire and safety. According to Williams, by teaching fire prevention and educating the public on how to respond in emergency situations, they can help save lives.
What is basic fire fighting?
The Basic Fire Fighting course is a step up from the Basic Fire Awareness course and entails additional firefighting techniques and how to apply them in a safe and correct manner.
What are the three techniques used to fight fires?
Fire Fighting Techniques
- Indirect attack. Aimed at the ceiling, the water drops down and extinguishes the fire from above.
- Direct attack. Perhaps the most widely known technique – this suffocates the flames as the water is aimed at the base of the fire.
- Combination attack.
- The ‘two lines in’ method.
Where does fire department work?
RIVIERA BEACH, Fla. (CBS12) — A Riviera Beach firefighter is always ready to save a life on a moment’s notice and he can also make you laugh. Jason Patton is the man behind Fire Department Chronicles, where he shares hilarious videos to help life the spirits of firefighters worldwide.
How does the fire department help the community?
From disaster preparedness, to medical response, to serving as educators, firefighters do a lot of behind-the-scenes work to keep our communities safe. Firefighters are on call to respond to a variety of emergencies. Some firefighters also specialize to respond to specific disasters, such as wildfires and oil spills.
What does a firefighter do on a daily basis?
Daily truck maintenance includes washing the truck, cleaning equipment, and if necessary, changing batteries on radios and heart monitors. Firefighters are also responsible for cleaning their station. The crew cleans, mops, and vacuums all living areas and bathrooms.
What type of leadership does the fire department use?
The positive effects of employing transformational leadership in the fire service are too strong to ignore. Fire departments respond to over 25 million emergency situations each year and effective leadership is at the heart of the incident command system in the fire service.
How do fire station help us?
Firefighters or firemen are people whose job is to put out fires and rescue people. Besides fires, firefighters rescue people and animals from car wrecks, collapsed buildings, stuck elevators and many other emergencies. Firefighting is a job which requires bravery, strength, quick thinking and a wide range of skills.
What would happen without firefighters?
People would go hungry, ill, and even die. For example, house fires would become severely catastrophic. Industry standard for firefighter response time is 6.4 minutes. According to a 2010 study by the National Fire Protection Association, 71% of all fire departments in the U.S. are staffed by volunteers.
Why firefighter is a hero?
Firefighters Are Heroes Because They Run Towards the Danger When disaster strikes, firefighters are one of the first officials to reach the scene. Even in medical emergencies, firefighters are responding to the call. Firefighters are courageous. They know that there’s a chance that things might not go their way.
What are the 4 types of fire?
Classes of fire
- Class A – fires involving solid materials such as wood, paper or textiles.
- Class B – fires involving flammable liquids such as petrol, diesel or oils.
- Class C – fires involving gases.
- Class D – fires involving metals.
- Class E – fires involving live electrical apparatus. (
What are the 4 steps in using a fire extinguisher?
The acronym PASS is used to describe these four basic steps.
- Pull (Pin) Pull pin at the top of the extinguisher, breaking the seal.
- Aim. Approach the fire standing at a safe distance.
- Squeeze. Squeeze the handles together to discharge the extinguishing agent inside.
What is basic fire safety?
Fire safety is the set of practices intended to reduce the destruction caused by fire. Fire safety measures include those that are intended to prevent ignition of an uncontrolled fire, and those that are used to limit the development and effects of a fire after it starts.