- 1 What do I need to know about fire prevention?
- 2 What is the purpose of Fire Prevention Month?
- 3 How you can promote fire safety and awareness How can we prevent fire in your community?
- 4 What are the basic fire safety rules?
- 5 What are the 5 basic fire safety practices?
- 6 What are the 4 types of fire?
- 7 What is the first step in fire prevention?
- 8 What are the fire prevention activities?
- 9 What is the theme for Fire Prevention Week 2020?
- 10 How do you promote fire safety?
- 11 How can we prevent fire accidents at home?
- 12 How can we manage fire disasters?
- 13 What are fire safety signs?
- 14 How do I teach my child fire safety?
- 15 What are the general safety precautions?
What do I need to know about fire prevention?
Top Tips for Fire Safety
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home, inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas.
- Test smoke alarms every month.
- Talk with all family members about a fire escape plan and practice the plan twice a year.
- If a fire occurs in your home, GET OUT, STAY OUT and CALL FOR HELP.
What is the purpose of Fire Prevention Month?
The goal of Fire Prevention Month (and week October 4th – 10th ) is to raise fire safety awareness, and help ensure your home and family has a plan and is ready for the unexpected.
How you can promote fire safety and awareness How can we prevent fire in your community?
Smoke Alarm Basics
- Install at least one smoke alarm in every bedroom.
- Install additional smoke alarms in hallways and common areas in the vicinity of bedrooms.
- Install at least one smoke alarm on every level of your home.
What are the basic fire safety rules?
10 measures to assess fire safety
- Provide adequate means of escape.
- Outline clear pathways to exit doors.
- Install smoke detection systems.
- Maintain smoke suppression systems.
- Conduct regular fire drills.
- Use flame-retardant materials in interiors.
- Make your office accessible to firefighters.
- Keep the building plans handy.
What are the 5 basic fire safety practices?
Five Fire Safety Tips
- Check that all smoke and fire alarms are functioning properly. Ideally, you should test your fire alarms once a month and replace batteries twice a year.
- Have an actionable fire plan.
- Never leave a room with an open flame.
- Have at least one fire extinguisher.
- Embrace the cliché—Stop, Drop, and Roll.
What are the 4 types of fire?
Classes of fire
- Class A – fires involving solid materials such as wood, paper or textiles.
- Class B – fires involving flammable liquids such as petrol, diesel or oils.
- Class C – fires involving gases.
- Class D – fires involving metals.
- Class E – fires involving live electrical apparatus. (
What is the first step in fire prevention?
Assessing how your structure, facility, or site carries unique risks is the first step in understanding how to avoid a fire or mitigate the impact if one does occur. Designating a willing person (or persons) to handle fire safety will help with comprehensive oversight of your organization’s preparedness.
What are the fire prevention activities?
10 Fun & Easy Fire Prevention Week Activities for Grades PreK-2
- Play math carnival games with Sparky the Fire Dog.
- Incorporate a groovy video into your math lesson.
- Try a simple, printable Sparky craft.
- Learn some fire safety dance moves.
- Load up Sparky’s Firehouse App.
- Create a Sparky Center.
- Practice ‘a-maze-ing’ number sense.
- Take a spelling roller coaster ride.
What is the theme for Fire Prevention Week 2020?
June 1, 2020 – The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), the official sponsor of Fire Prevention Week for more than 95 years, has announced “Serve Up Fire Safety in the Kitchen” as the theme for Fire Prevention Week, October 4-10, 2020.
How do you promote fire safety?
Workplace Fire Safety Tips
- Install fire detection systems. This is a legal requirement of all businesses.
- Prepare an emergency plan.
- Create fire escape routes.
- Designate a fire warden.
- Know your fire extinguishers.
- Install emergency lighting.
- Check fire safety signs.
- Train your employees in fire safety.
How can we prevent fire accidents at home?
- Keep all fires and heaters well guarded, especially open fires.
- Keep portable heaters and candles away from furniture and curtains.
- Don’t dry or air clothes over or near the fire, or the cooker.
- Do not smoke in bed.
- Many fires start in the kitchen, especially fat fires.
How can we manage fire disasters?
The idea of fire protection management is to plan and carry out measures to prevent fires and minimize the damage caused by fires. Disaster protection managers need to conduct the following:
- Preparation of fire protection plans for disaster protection management.
- Evacuation drill.
What are fire safety signs?
Fire safety signs are used to provide health and safety information, either to warn you of a hazard, to provide an instruction or to give you safety information. Safety signs can be a variety of colours – usually red, green, yellow or blue – and may contain images, words or a mixture of the two.
How do I teach my child fire safety?
Teaching Kids About Fire Safety
- Talk Smoke Detectors. Teach children about smoke detectors: Why they are installed, how they work, and the sound that they make.
- Plan Escape Routes.
- Practice Opening Windows.
- Use Escape Ladders.
- Touch Door and Check For Heat.
- Use Your Hands, Not Your Eyes.
- Sing a Song.
- Stop, Drop and Roll.
What are the general safety precautions?
- Your safety is your personal responsibility.
- Always follow the correct procedures.
- Never take shortcuts.
- Take responsibility and clean up if you made a mess.
- Clean and organize your workspace.
- Ensure a clear and easy route to emergency exits and equipment.
- Be alert and awake on the job.