- 1 How do I file a complaint against the FDNY?
- 2 Are 311 complaints Anonymous NYC?
- 3 How do I report a fire code violation in NYC?
- 4 How do I clear my FDNY violation?
- 5 How do you file a claim against a business?
- 6 How do I contact NYFD?
- 7 Can I text 311 NYC?
- 8 Are 311 calls anonymous?
- 9 What is the number 311 used for?
- 10 What is an FDNY violation order?
- 11 How do I pay my FDNY violation?
- 12 How do I pay a civil penalty in NY?
How do I file a complaint against the FDNY?
You may call 718-999-2541 during weekdays and daytime hours to speak to a FDNY Representative. If it is an emergency, immediately call 911. If it is not an emergency, you may fax it to: 718-999-0096. You may also come in person to the FDNY Headquarters at 9 Metrotech Center Brooklyn, N.Y.
Are 311 complaints Anonymous NYC?
Your 311 calls are not as anonymous as they seem. The City Council is looking at some legislation that would prevent 311 abuse, as in making false complaints to have a city employee dispatched to the scene.
How do I report a fire code violation in NYC?
Call 911 to report an emergency situation or condition that might cause danger to life or personal property.
How do I clear my FDNY violation?
If you receive a FDNY Summons, the unsafe condition must be corrected and proof of the correction must be provided to the FDNY. To avoid penalty and a hearing, a condition must be corrected and a Certification of Correction must be received by FDNY within 35 days from the date the violation originally was issued.
How do you file a claim against a business?
Check out 10 effective ways and online destinations where you file complaints about a company where they’ll pay attention to.
- Go to the Company Website:
- The Better Business Bureau.
- The Federal Trade Commission.
- Ripoff Report.
- [email protected]
- Google Your Attorney General.
How do I contact NYFD?
- FDNY Headquarters | 718-999-2000.
- District Office Main Line 1 | 718-999-2719.
- District Office Main Line 2 | 718-999-2457.
- District Office Main Line 3 | 718-999-2458.
Can I text 311 NYC?
Text 311 at 311 -692.
Are 311 calls anonymous?
No anonymous complaints will be accepted – you must identify yourself to the 311 service representative. Complaints registered with 311 are assigned a file number and forwarded to a peace officer, who will investigate the complaint.
What is the number 311 used for?
311 is a non-emergency phone number that people can call in many cities to find information about services, make complaints, or report problems like graffiti or road damage.
What is an FDNY violation order?
FDNY Violations A Violation Order is an FDNY infraction typically issued for imminent safety hazards. If written copies of Violation Orders are unavailable, the FDNY will typically provide a printout with fewer details and direct inquiries to the issuing District Office.
How do I pay my FDNY violation?
Alternatively, you can pay these fees online at nyc.gov/citypay by clicking the ” Pay Inspection Fee” button. To speak with someone at the FDNY’s accounting unit, reach out to 718-999-2905 or 718-999-0618.
How do I pay a civil penalty in NY?
You may pay the penalty online, by mail, or in person. If you did not pay before the hearing and you did not contest your summons by participating in a hearing, then you will be found in violation of the charge by a default and a higher penalty may be imposed.