- 1 Why do you want to work for us fire department?
- 2 Why did you choose to be a firefighter?
- 3 Why do u want to work here best answer?
- 4 How do I pass a firefighter interview?
- 5 How do you stand out in a firefighter interview?
- 6 Do firefighters sleep at work?
- 7 Is it hard to get hired as a firefighter?
- 8 What are the duties of firefighters?
- 9 What is your biggest weakness?
- 10 What is the biggest issue facing fire services today?
- 11 Why are you applying for this position?
- 12 Can you tell me about yourself sample answer?
- 13 Why are you interested in this job?
- 14 Why do you want this job and why should we hire you?
Why do you want to work for us fire department?
Often, I am required to explain the changes to the team in several different ways that allow me to get my message across in a positive manner. So, in a nutshell, I want to be a firefighter because I feel I have the necessary skills, experience and attributes to perform the role to a very high standard.
Why did you choose to be a firefighter?
1 reason to be a firefighter is to serve others. Although trained to make wise decisions and prepare for emergencies, firefighters know the risk of injury or even death is present on every call. The willingness to take that risk to save someone else is truly the nature of someone with a servant’s heart.
Why do u want to work here best answer?
“I see this opportunity as a way to contribute to an exciting/forward-thinking/fast-moving company/industry, and I feel I can do so by/with my … ” “I feel my skills are particularly well-suited to this position because … ”
How do I pass a firefighter interview?
- LISTEN to the question thoroughly.
- Pause for a moment and THINK!
- Remember: Listen, Think, Respond!
- SMILE as you begin (it’s almost always appropriate)
- Come out and answer the question and then elaborate.
- Answer should be no more than 2-3 minutes in length.
- Relate the question to the position.
How do you stand out in a firefighter interview?
Do not ask about morale, attitudes or behavior issues. Do not ask about salary, overtime or benefits. Do not bring anyone with you, even to the waiting area. Do not smoke or eat right before an interview.
Do firefighters sleep at work?
A: Sort of. Firefighters often spend 24 hours at a time at the firehouse followed by 48 hours off duty. During this time they eat, sleep, shower, work and relax at the firehouse. So, they essentially live at the firehouse for approximately 1/3 of their career.
Is it hard to get hired as a firefighter?
It is usually very difficult to become a firefighter. There is usually a lot of competition for each vacant position. Although there are usually only a few basic requirements to apply for a firefighter job, those that are hired frequently have a lot more training, education, and experience than required.
What are the duties of firefighters?
Firefighter Job Responsibilities:
- Protects citizens during emergencies.
- Extinguishes fires.
- Executes rescues.
- Mitigates chemical spills.
- Prevents fire damage by conducting surveys and inspections for hazards and enforcing codes.
What is your biggest weakness?
Example: “ My greatest weakness is that I sometimes have a hard time letting go of a project. I’m the biggest critic of my own work. I can always find something that needs to be improved or changed. To help myself improve in this area, I give myself deadlines for revisions.
What is the biggest issue facing fire services today?
Four critical issues facing fire services today
- Securing funding and retention. According to the U.S. Fire Administration, the United States is home to almost 1.2 million firefighters, working in 30,000 departments.
- Ensuring firefighter safety.
- Enhancing fire department communication.
- Coordinating agency resources.
- Rugged devices cut costs — and keep firefighters safe.
Why are you applying for this position?
First, they want to make sure you ‘ve done your research and know what their job involves. And second, they want to see if you ‘ve thought about your own career and know what you ‘re looking for. They want someone who’s thought about their career goals and wants a specific type of job (or at least a few different types).
Can you tell me about yourself sample answer?
For example, you might start your answer like this: “I graduated with my degree in Economics two months ago. I chose that field of study because I’ve always been interested in finance and money, and a couple of family members told me it leads to great career options, too.”
Why are you interested in this job?
Example: “I’m interested in this job because I can see that, in this role, my skills could help solve this problem within your company. I also see an opportunity for me to learn and grow these skills, so we both would benefit personally, professionally, and financially.
Why do you want this job and why should we hire you?
You can do the work and deliver exceptional results. You will fit in beautifully and be a great addition to the team. You possess a combination of skills and experience that make you stand out. Hiring you will make him look smart and make his life easier.